Re: [OM] Public-place photography in the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] Public-place photography in the USA
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:37:34 +1100

> manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> But of course, I live in a country (France) where individual rights to
> privacy
> trump the photographer's rights. Down here, according to the law, you
> should
> have explicit permission from the subject prior to taking the picture,
> regardless of the place being public or private.

I presume in France that you have surveillance cameras (either privately
operated or operated by some government agency) which are continuously
capturing video of people walking down the street, etc.

What are the official rules for this ?

Do the gov/companies have explicit permission from every person who might walk
down that street ?

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com