Re: [OM] Public-place photography in the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] Public-place photography in the USA
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:48:22 +0100
Manuel's approach is very sensible. I do all the things he does, and in
addition I have a small Blurb book (7x7 paperback) with a selection of my
daily/weekly pictures from 2009 which I carry in the camera bag at all times,
so that I can show anyone who asks what kind of photography I do.

The number of security cameras in Paris seems to be much less than in London,
and limited to places where you would expect to see them.

And one small correction to what Manuel said about French law. Taking a picture
of a stranger in a public place is not illegal; publishing the picture, even
for non-commercial purposes, without the permission, is. I assume also that
there must be some exceptions that allow reporters to photograph demonstrations
and the like, surely they do not get permission from everyone before such pics
are published in the newspaper.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman