[OM] reducing image noise

Subject: [OM] reducing image noise
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:33:49 -0300
On the few occasions I raise the in-camera ISO rating to 1600 or beyond to
capture images, especially of people, in poorly tungsten lit surrounding the
images are invariably "noisy".

To what extent can this noise be reduced using Photoshop to give the
impression that the image was taken with lesser ISO rating?

Not that "noise" has its place in people / portrait photography but my
immediate preference is to reduce the evidence of same to a minimum.

jh

database 4943 (20100314) __________

http://www.eset.com