Re: [OM] reducing image noise

Subject: Re: [OM] reducing image noise
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:38:50 +1100
I prefer to use Lightroom to reduce noise as you can see a magnified
view of the effect of both luminance and colour noise reduction
(separate sliders). I'm sure other RAW converters do just as well.
There is an inevitable softening but you can then sharpen as well and/
or use various sharpening tools and unsharp mask in Photoshop.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx