[OM] 357 batteries at a decent price

Subject: [OM] 357 batteries at a decent price
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:37:55 -0400
Moose is, as usual, correct  whether arising from the mists or  from
his chair in Berkeley.
There was question  earlier of fridge storage as superior and Dr.
Battery has said  "Yes it is. "

A sticking to the SR44W's
Mike

Dr. Battery says:

"The shelf life is much worse than Energizer.
Renata loses capacity at about 4~5% pa , versus ~ 1% for the Energizer.
I evaluated the Renatas when I was evaluating the original Energizers,
and they
also have a fairly large increase in impedance after about 2 years of
storage,
although that drops again as time goes on.

So if you do get Renatas, make sure you store then in refrigerator (not
deep
freeze) so they stay more like new when you need them. Stored at <5C of
typical
refrigerator, the shelf life should be comprable to energizer stored
unrefrigerated.  Also get them from a supplier with a large turnover,
so they
are sure to be fresh."

Tim Hughes

Moose arose from the mists to add to "The thread that never died!"

Renatas are OK, but not the best, especially for storage life. Tim made
a few posts on the subject in Oct of last year, including a link to
this. <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/357BatteryData.pdf>