Re: [OM] flashlights

Subject: Re: [OM] flashlights
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 02:51:40 -0700
On 3/15/2010 10:01 PM, siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Moose wrote:
>

>> The simple answer is the Nite-Ize 1 watt single LED upgrade. It retains
>> focusing ability and is brighter than the 3-LED.
>>
>> That said, I have both on my desk. The softer, more diffuse light of the
>> 3-LED is perfect for close-up, but poor for bookshelves across the room. The
>> reverse is the case with the 1 watt, actually too bright close-up, but I can
>> easily check book titles and various camera bits and pieces at a distance.
>>

> What about putting a diffuser on that 1watt for close work? Piece of sticky
> tape, in a pinch.

As it happens, I already have two Legend AA lights and had both types of
conversion, as I had bought the 3 LED one before the 1 watt came out. I
always try to have two lights on the desk anyway, as I tend to put them
down in other places. :-)

With a Maglite and the 1-watt kit with electronic tail switch, it's easy
to set it to 1/2 or 1/4 power, so that's the most versatile option for
AA Maglites.

Variable Brightness Moose