Re: [OM] now Americans are losing their right to enjoy photography in pu

Subject: Re: [OM] now Americans are losing their right to enjoy photography in public places
From: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:51:37 +1300
Hi all,

>From the CVUG comes a lot more information on the Burlington VT incident.
Below  ...

"Dan Scott speaks up about the incident on Flickr:

http://url.ie/5dt9

(I shortened the url with url.ie because email tends to chew on long urls)

(All y'all will note that he's a fellow rangefinder user!)

Here's his flickr stream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38261591@N06/

Here's some more discussion about this on reddit.com which can be a
somewhat
NSFW space (usually clearly marked) but the discussion is often of high
quality:

http://url.ie/5dtd

(Again, long URL...shortened)

Here's the photo in question of the coffeeshop girl filtering the air:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38261591@N06/4386517442/

(Hm, the tags say it was shot with a Digital Rebel ... small digi SLR)

>From his posting, it seems as if it's two women on a rampage (coffee shop
co-workers) who have declared him (a) "creepy" (whatever that means -
actually, it's in the same class of definitions as "sexual harassment" and
"pornography") and (b) persona non grata through their "universal trespass"
list.  (Interesting that you can be put into prison without even visiting
court)

He says that he's hanging up his camera.  Sad. "

Brian