[OM] Traveling light

Subject: [OM] Traveling light
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:27:04 -0500
We're off to Portland, Oregon for the rest of the week & weekend.
Mostly for a television convention (based on the TNT show "Leverage")
but also, hopefully, to drive down to McMinnville and visit the Hughes
HK-1 (the "Spruce Goose").

I've decided to pack light, and will be leaving the heavy bag and E-1
home, relying instead on the Fuji F70EXR.  Will force me to learn to be
creative with it, like I did in the 'old days" when I would decide to
travel with just my Stylus.

Considering the computer bag/CPAP machine/carry-on bag load, for once it
might be nice to not have to fight with the DSLR bag and the annoyance
through security.

Although, we're flying out of O'Hare, an airport that only this week
installed full-body scanners so some minimum-wage schlub on a power trip
gets to look at my naughty bits.

Hey!  How about instead of looking at my goodies, try to figure out how
the Underwear Bomber managed to skate past security in TWO SEPARATE
AIRPORTS IN TWO OTHER COUNTRIES!!!  And why the TSA, who last time wiped
down everything I had on me for explosives residue, ignored a warning
from the dude's own father that his son wasn't dealing from a full deck
and might need to be looked at.

Nahh.  It's just easier to make my life miserable.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard