[OM] OMZ 200/5 and HK Flower Portraits

Subject: [OM] OMZ 200/5 and HK Flower Portraits
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:41:55 -0400
I think the later serial # MC flavor of the Z. 200/5 is hard to find.
It seems I am one of the few list members to be smitten by the CV 180
f4 APO lanthar.
It is one of the few non-Zuiko, Zuikos, IMO.  49mm filter size!   It is
pocketable, as I had it in my pocket  last weekend and is tack sharp
wide open.  I would bet its bokeh is better tha either Zuiko, though
the bokeh is clearly superior on APS-c analogous to the very good bokeh
shown by AG of the Z. 200/4 on FT. (I gave the CV 180 a bokeh torture
test)

CV180 f4:   485 gm 66mm X 59mm --49mm filter!! MFD 1.2m Max mag 1:4
bokeh very nice

Zuiko 200 f5 MC:   380gm 105mm X 62mm 49mm filter MFD 2.5m Max mag
about 1:10
very tough to find too. Bokeh--I don't know but if like the 200/4
likely so- so FF,  even if good on FT

  http://tinyurl.com/ycuw3kf

I am puzzled why few have chased this one.  Perhaps because it doesn't
say Zuiko on it or because  focuses the "wrong" way?  I bet the price
will fall if it comes out in a SLII version though it will not be in OM
mount.  At least the Canyon fans would buy the EF mount and possibly
free up
some in OM.

 A Happy owner of Big Foot's longer brother,
Mike