[OM] Converting RW2 to ORF

Subject: [OM] Converting RW2 to ORF
From: David Irisarri Vila <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:41:18 +0100
Hi all,

I wonder if someone knows how to modify Panasonic GF1 RW2 files and make
Olympus Studio 2 recognize them as ORF files. I have been reviewing thoroughly
PEN cameras and GF1. I´ll go for the Panasonic with a 20 mm f1.7 lens.
PEN cameras have a superb engine for generating JPEG files with a charming tone
curve, broader dynamic range, less aggressive noise reduction algorithms and
better color. Autofocus, exposure meter, white balance, lens and video is much
better in GF1.

So I would like to use Olympus Studio 2 and process GF1 raw files like if they
were E-PL1 raw files. Venus engine is worse than TruePIC V+ found in E-PL1
camera. There are always a magenta cast, haloes /when sharpening) and tone
curve is worse.

I have been waiting too long for E-5, fixed-focal length lenses (and bright),
for a better PEN camera (E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1 are almost the same) and ZD
lenses for PEN cameras are bullshit and very slow lenses.

Regards,

David