Re: [OM] Best of Both Worlds

Subject: Re: [OM] Best of Both Worlds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:57:47 -0700
On 3/18/2010 3:27 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Nice flower shots, Moose.  We have similar iris plants in the back yard.
> However, we won't be seeing blooms like that for some time. :-(

Those irises are native along this coast and coastal mountains. That
particular image was from May of last year up along the north coast.
They are very pretty as they scatter across fields of grass. Seemingly
impossible to get a shot like that that gives the look and field of the
subject, though. YOu know those shots where you look at them later and
wonder "What was I trying to capture?" So I mostly end up with close-ups.

The also show up in all kinds of individual locations, including these
on a rocky, windy Pt. Lobos about two weeks ago.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=_MG_8995crii.jpg>
More to come, too.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=_MG_8994crii.jpg>

Our weather is, of course, very different from yours. Spring, in the
sense of things blooming, starts by mid February and lasts into May,
especially on the coast. Carol is still surprised and pleased by spring
here, often commenting on the two week springs in Maine.

Moose