Re: [OM] Converting RW2 to ORF

Subject: Re: [OM] Converting RW2 to ORF
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:24:08 +0800
I have different experience, after I had learnt how to use ground grass I
have changed all focusing screen on my OM camera bodies to the all matte
type, my favorite focusing screen is Minolta Acute Matte. The reason I want
digital is the convenience, I can shoot one or two images and immediate
"process" them, with film it take weeks until I finish one roll. Digital is
also much better in handling different lighting condition (W/B), it is much
easier for color correction, the image is also much cleaner (less grainly)
than a scanned film.

I have never look through the Pen EVF but the 5D II LCD allow manual
focusing without magnification with a longer lens like 40mm or above, I
expect the Pen EVF will be similar if not better. For the wider lenses I can
pre-focus or slow down a little to zoom in the image, for my type of works
it is ok.

MFT will be my 2nd system, for putting inside my small shoulder bag which I
carry everyday to document our daily life. A DZ12mm plus the Pen FT 20/3.5,
25/2.8, 40/1.4, 100/3.5 and 150/4 it will be a very nice and complete
system. I like working slow (ok except the flower show portrait :-)) as it
gives me more time to think before shooting. Talking about lens quality....
ok.... wait until I got a Pen Digital first. I'm rather happy with the OM
lenses on my 5D II even they are not as good as the top lenses from Canyon.
Ah! even the purple fringe king 180/2.8 looks excellent to my eyes :-)

C.H.Ling