Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:29:02 +0000 (GMT)
Don't think the camera is an M3. It does not have "frames" around the windows.
Probably an M2. Andrew is of course right that no film trimming is needed for
the "M" series.
Lens looks like the 50mm f2.8 Elmar  - a nice compact walkabout Leica lens
which is something of a bargain. I picked up a mint example with Leica real
leather case for a little over £200/$300. It is reputed to be less good than
the f2 Summicron..BUT in real use you would be hard pressed to see a
difference. It gets a lot more use than my f2.
The meter is indeed a Voigtlander.
Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK