Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:33:38 -0500
Chuck,

With screw-mount Leicas, the back does not open.  The film must be loaded
from the bottom by slipping the end of the leader under a clip on the takeup
spool, and then pushing the film cartridge and takeup spool into place,
carefully. After the bottom plate is replaced, one should advance one frame,
take up the slack with the rewind knob, then advance two more frames,
watching to see that the rewind knob is turning.  This indicates that the
film is properly loaded and advancing.  After that, set the counter to 1,
and everything is ready to go.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA