Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:37:50 +0100
Hi Chuck, Frank and all,

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Some later lenses feedback focus distance for direct flash exposure
>calculation since the digital revolution has killed OTF exposure
>measurement.

Unfortunately, the reflective characteristics of a digital sensor make OTF
(or should it be OTS??) metering unfeasible...

From: Frank Wijsmuller <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>A good idea might be a pro m43 body with aperture ring in the 43-adapter.

There was already a "regular" 4/3 body with such an "outdated" feature...
the Panasonic/Lumix L1 -- otherwise a Oly E-330 in disguise <
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicDMCL1/page5.asp>

Now I wonder... would that nice ring work if mounted on other 4/3 bodies?
And how would the L1 control aperture with Oly lenses?

I hope the S90 trend keeps alive...

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)