[OM] The best of E's - was - 5D2 - onwership update no 3

Subject: [OM] The best of E's - was - 5D2 - onwership update no 3
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 02:05:27 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Ken (and everyone else),

> So, I'm not TOTALLY out to lunch because I still prefer using my E-1?

I have the following working cameras in E's

E510, E300, E330, E1, E3

I use the E1+Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 all the time when I'm not
using the OM4Ti (+ 35-80 F2.8), I just like it so much better
than the other E's, the E3 just doesnt do it for me. The E1 is
a pleasure to manually focus with the sigma lens, or even
use it with the one shot autofocus for PnS mode in the dark.

The E330 is real neat for flash though as I can use the
FL50 or FL36 on top for bounce with the buildin flash on top
for fill. I generally keep the Flash grip for the E1 as I keep
going to use the grip's trigger, which cant work on the E330.
The E330 is also a good body to use on the Bellows with
macro lens.

The E510 was an upgrade from a E500, and since I got the
E1 it hasnt been used (did about 2000 slide digitising shots with
the 500/510 + Zuiko 50mm f1.4 + adapter + T32).

The lower resolution of the E1 isnt a factor for me, at least not
so far.

I tried giving the E510 and E300 to family but they all want
light, small, PnS cameras with small lens, so I'm starting
my E collection a lot earlier than I started my OM collection.

[I will mention I only bought the E510 new, all the others have
been very cheap on the bay except for the E500 which was
bought for me]

One thing I have noticed on Pro forums, when I mention
I use an Olympus E1, everyone starts ignoring me, so I might have
to get a Canon or Nikon just so I dont feel like an outcast :o)

Cheers
Ian Manners