[OM] Questions about a camera Olympus Pen F

Subject: [OM] Questions about a camera Olympus Pen F
From: José Adolfo Fernando Segura <jafsc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:32:15 +0000

Hi!
this afternoon I found and bought an old Pen F (I get it for $50.00). The
curiosity is that in the rear is engraved ' Medical use type 1' Series number
120258 (maybe a 'connaisseur' could give me the year of production)

The lens in the camera is as an inverted cone, Machida f:75 mm with a curious
cap...in place of apertures there are only engraved 1 to 5 in Arabic ciphers.
When turn approximate and become very clear image.... (maybe would be better
that I make a pic and put it in Pbase or Flickr).. The shutter is very special
too and  difficult for me to explain  (English is my third language :) not
still mastered)

questions:
1) Do you know this kind of lens and the use?
2) I read is a 'half camera' that means that a 24 poses would give me 48 pics?
3)There are in the List who have other lens that I could buy (out of list) for
this camera
4) Do you know if there are adapter for using my OM system lens ?

Thanks a lot!
Gracias!
JAS

«Le contraire de toute vérité est aussi vrai que la vérité elle-même»
(Siddharta,Hermann Hesse)