Re: [OM] Best of Both Worlds

Subject: Re: [OM] Best of Both Worlds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:23:42 -0700
On 3/23/2010 7:01 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> Moose wrote

>>> Here's spring flora and fauna to make up for what you missed.
>> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Point%20Lobos/index.html
>>

> I enjoyed this set.

Excellent!

> At 144 slides I stopped at about #80

It does go on ... Up at the top, there is an arrow which will start a
slide show, for less intense viewing. That set of images and the others
in the gallery are at the moment showing on my screen saver slide show.
I never tire of some of them.

> These shots admirably reinforce the point I made about bright diffuse light
> and flower photography.

And yet - I would prefer at least a thinner overcast.

> I presume you were more than 500 yards from the car, Moose?

Perhaps at some point, although probably not as the crow flies. There's
a lot to see in a modest size place, and I parked in several places to
get out and wander at each.
> I thought the pelicans looked like pterodactyls :-)
>
> And I felt right at home with some of the flora; radiata pine and macrocarpa
> cypress,
> Escholtsia californica, several grasses, and maybe one daisy can also be
> found now in New
> Zealand.
>
> I also liked the shots of the furry critters, and the geology.

Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Moose