Re: [OM] cleansing my laptop - need advice

Subject: Re: [OM] cleansing my laptop - need advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 15:57:23 -0400
I don't know the answer to your question but it gives me pause to ask
whether any of the typical virus and malware checkers do anything to
seek out offensive video or, for that matter, even still images.
Knowing the specific file name would help you but from a malware
checker's point of view it's an emphemeral thing and probably not of
much usage.

If I had the same problem as you I'd first start with identifying the
file types that Windows Media Player associates with video and then do a
search on all files of those types.  I suspect that you don't have
thousands of such files on your computer and the resulting list may be
small enough to brute force your way through the list.

Chuck Norcutt