Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:28:38 +0200
Hi Nathan, John (both), Andrew, and all,

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
><
http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#817390767_EztSA-O-LB

It's nice to see young people with classic cameras -- or simply with _film_
cameras. I spotted easily the M2, I can see the manual-resetting frame
counter dial around the shutter release... like mine ;-)

>The guy was actually using his camera and demonstrated its operation to
his
>table companions, including the film trimming ritual.

As usual, I'm late replying to posts, so I think this was already said, but
there's no need for the film trimming ritual on Leica-M bodies --it's just
for the older LTM models.

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Oh, should have said - is that a CosVoigt VC meter - or a VC 2?  :-)

It's the VC2, the front window is placed at the very centre of the meter's
body, with non-overlapping dials and the LEDs to the left (as seen from the
top by the photographer). But who needs a light meter, anyway? :-) :-)

From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Was the M3 model ever a screw mount model ?

As long as you put a screw mount adapter, yes :-) Seriously, all M Leicas
are bayonet mount.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)