Re: [OM] Rear caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Rear caps
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:08:33 +0200
Hi Andrew and all,

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Heads up - if you are buying rear lens caps for mFT off the net, don't
>buy from the normally reliable jinfinance.

'Normally'... A while ago (end of 2009) I purchased a relaively expensive
adapter from him. It looked much the same that other (for a different mount)
adapter he sold me in the past, but this one was plain awful -- complained,
returned the item and promised to send back a replacement. I have sent
several emails and he promised each time (Chinese New Year, etc) to send it
soon, but still nothing :-( It's already too late for a PayPal claim...

>I just got a couple, complained and he apologised. He
>based them on a Panny kit lens and
>they're no good on Oly or most adaptors. Too loose

I remember something in his pages about the looseness of those caps
depending on the particular lens/adapter, something like you described.

>No - I have off-brand caps from other sources.
>They are marked 'Micro 4/3' and are thin just like the Oly cap.
>His (jinfinance's) cap is twice as deep and just marked 'Micro'.

I've got a couple of mFT caps. None was purchased from jinfinance, IIRC, but
they all say just 'Micro' and are rather thin. They seem to fit well my
(only) lens and adapters.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)