Re: [OM] Sharing my film developing times

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharing my film developing times
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 03:46:37 -0400
I still prefer Kodak's BW films and will cry when they do finally shut down.
I still think they have the best tonality and most consistent quality,
although Ilford and Fuji films are also made very well. I never see defects
in any films from those three companies. That said, I do really like Efke
KB-100 in Rodinal or PMK. Efke makes some of the Adox films. I liked Forte
films and am sad that they're gone. I've never been able to really like
Foma, and have really tried. They're grainy but without the beautiful
tonality that the Efke films have.

You're right about the example pics. Too many variables, like how I scan and
the light conditions when they were shot to give a meaningful idea of their
tonality and grain and sharpness just don't shot up in small web images. I
put them up cause people kept asking for examples of XXX film in XXX
developer, so I just began putting up samples of all the combinations I've
tried. I have more to put up but had to stop for a while to take care of
some paying work last week. Gotta make a living too! LOL I'll be adding more
examples soon for those who keep asking for them. I have to add my results
from PMK developer too as soon as I dig out my notes on it. Reminds me, I
need to get more of that developer as soon as I have some extra $$$.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography