Re: [OM] Credit Card Fraud

Subject: Re: [OM] Credit Card Fraud
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:53:19 -0400
This has happened to me twice before but, like Moose, I had no suspicion
  of internet involvement.  IIRC, the first incident was probably well
before internet fraud became widespread.

In the first case it was my wife who detected the false charges.
Although we had lived on the east coast of Florida prior to this
incident, at the time it happened we were living near Boston.  We got
charges from the Fort Myers, Florida area for everything from diapers to
TV sets.  I suspected an east coast restaurant waiter.  In the second
incident Visa detected it and called me for verification.  They must
have a pretty good idea of my purchase places and patterns to have done
that.  Now when I go on a long trip I call my bank and tell them to
expect a lot of hotel/restaurant/gas bills from far away places.

Chuck Norcutt