Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:53:57 +0200
Moose, I know that you did correctly qualify your statement with
a "[that] I've used", but I was wondering if you've ever tried
the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L? n my time of using it, it has had the most
consistently amazing performance (not only resolution, but especially
smoothness of out-of-focus rendition) of any 50 I've ever seen.

I have a couple of images somewhere where, at f/1.2, it out-resolves
a 1Ds MkII sensor to the point of creating möire artifacts.

Sometimes I really miss it... It was just so big and ugly (72mm filter!)
and I had no reason for owning it after getting rid of the camera body.

Very off-topic, but here are some sample shots. Fantastic as the OM
50/1.4
is, it isn't quite in the same league. But a wonderfully pleasing lens
nevertheless, and less than half the volume.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/032/5/9/The_road_to_obscurity_by_philosomatographer.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/223/2/8/Sparkles_in_the_Big_Blue_by_philosomatographer.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2008/017/b/0/The_Wrong_Era_by_philosomatographer.jpg

regards,
Dawid

P.S. Weren't you a little harsh on Ken there? He's just excite about
his new lens :-)