[OM] A moment of horror...

Subject: [OM] A moment of horror...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:09:30 +1000
Someone in the studio this week picked up his Canon &d from a table
and managed to drag my 5D2 off it as well (clumsy git! - distracted by
the model). It landed back down on the metal foot of the table.
Fortunately I'd had the wit to fit one of those glass protective LCD
covers - it fractured but saved the screen. I can now recommend them
to all users! (Oh, except for E-3 users - I don't think they fit).
This was the GGS brand I had on and it was so good that I'd forgotten
it was there - you can imagine what I thought when I saw the cracks!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GGS-LCD-Screen-Protector-glass-for-Canon-50D-5D-Mark-II_W0QQitemZ280485986393
Just buying another one - thought I'd pass it on. I don't think a
clear film type would have saved me.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx