Re: [OM] Dude, who cares about .56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude, who cares about .56ms?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:47:35 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> I was just sooo disappointed in the 90/2 that I had for close-up. Not
> awful, just so-so when I was expecting a lot.

You really expecting a lot from it, to me the close-up quality is good, at
least average for a 90mm macro. Here is a ~1:3 (?) shot at F2.8, not bad to
my eyes.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5157.JPG (ISO 800, sharpness=1, NR=0)

Its excellent corner to corner performance for distance object is difficult
to find among the OM Zuikos I have, great for demanding landscape.

> My lens for family events for many years was the 35-70/3.6. I used it on
> a 2n, with OTF flash indoors or under trees, and was very happy.

The zoom is more versatile but you know fix lenses just feel much better and
peoples are more respected to the image produce from fix lenses :-)

>> On the other hand the 50/3.5 is just fine with E-1:
>>
>> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/P5231022s.jpg
>>

> Nice! I like your 'bug' images; had just wandered through them again
> earlier today. I keep thinking I'll build a diffuser like yours, but it
> hasn't happened. :-)

Thanks! I'm really glad you like them. With the high ISO capability of
current DSLR, you may not need to use flash :-)

> The angle of view is like 100mm on FF, but the working distance is still
> short. I really like the working distance of the Tamron 90/2.5 with 2x
> converter. 180m is great and f5 stopped down a bit is fine for sunny days.

More working distance is better but shorter lens is easier for handhold.

C.H.Ling