Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:33:00 +1000
G'day Richard,

I suspect the adapter is not helping !

Most adapters will actuate the aperture stop down lever when the lens is
mounted to the adapter (some don't).

For a start, remove the lens from the adapter and looking at the rear of the
lens rotate the aperture ring.
One of the levers should move as you do this.  Move the aperture ring to 16
and push the other lever with your finger, the actual diaphragm should then
close down fully.  If this happens then there is no problem with the lens
mechanism.

Many people on this list recommend the adapters sold through the auction
site by "jinfinance".

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge
http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/