Re: [OM] IMG: Another Seasonal Sight

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Seasonal Sight
From: "richard mcgrath" <richardinvermont@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:08:26 -0400
Jim,
Sounds close to what happened to my dad, but without the surgery.  My mom
flew too---did aerial photography.  She was working on a helicopter rating
when she died at 80.  I had a Globe Swift that nearly killed me several
times.  I was flying out of a grass strip in Powell, TN. Ended upside down
at the approach end of the runway (at night).  Sold it for parts. My flight
instructor was happy I got rid of it before it got rid of me. I went on to
get an instrument rating in a Cessna 180.  Much, much nicer airplane.
Anyway now, at 76, I'm more focused on nice cameras & lenses.
Richard