Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:53:44 +0100
Nic

1 I should have been more specific - Nathan was speaking of using OM lenses
on a micro 4/3 digital body, in which case the handicapping applies.  I
agree with you wholeheartedly that OM lenses remain sought-after by Canon FF
DSLR users.

2 Yes, you are reading correctly, but you are reading more into it than I
wrote.  Fitting OM lenses to a Leica M rangefinder is not difficult at all.
As mentioned in a later repsonse to Wayne Harridge, I used an OM-LTM adaptor
custom-made by SRB-Griturn, in turn mounted on a Leitz-made LTM-M adaptor.
But note what lenses I was using - 18/3.5 and 28/3.5. No rangefinder
coupling needed! Thus no rocket science :-)

Piers