Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:28:13 -0500
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM, John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Maybe it matters to someone, I lowered the 35-80mm price by $101 this
> morning.

Well, there you go, you fence-sitters.  Let me just state this--the Zuiko
50/1.4, as wonderful as it is, ain't no 35-80.

You haven't experienced the OM system until you've had an OM-3Ti with MD2,
35-80 and T45 flash in your hand. Big?  Uh, huh.  Heavy?  Uh huh.  Simply
amazing?  You Betcha.

The 35-80 is one of those unusual lenses which in practice seems to elevate
the resulting pictures from 2D towards 3D. It seems to apply a LCE (local
contrast enhancement) to the images.

Honestly, I have no idea how sharp the 35-80 is. It exceeds the resolution
of my E-1 and it also runs right up to the limits of any film I've used. I
run into lateral halation blurring before lens blurring.

AG (waxing lyrical) Schnozz