Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 14: sunshine, mountains, meat

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 14: sunshine, mountains, meat
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:14:19 +0100
It might be legal to drive at daft speeds on some Autobahnen, but your
insurance will not cover you if you are found to be driving at a recklessly.
Nor will the investigation of an accident look favourably on a speeding driver.

Years ago a colleague of mine hit a pedestrian on the central reservation of
such a road.  Notwithstanding the foolishness of the pedestrian (and apparently
there are a great number of such people in Germany), my colleague was found
guilty of driving recklessly and was fined heavily; as a foreign national he
narrowly avoided a jail sentence.

His crime was to be driving at a speed which prevented him from taking
appropriate and timely avoiding action.  He was driving only a little MGB GT --
no supercar ...

Chris