Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 1.4 revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 1.4 revisited
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:35:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2010 10:27:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks,  Bill.  I asked if you had an "extra" (knowing that you are Tom
Scales  2.0), but I wasn't expecting you to send me your primary copy of
the
lens.

You are welcome and I might mention that the lens that came to live with
you, although straight from my kit, was no dog.  Complete with OEM caps,
hood and a little gentle wear.   The 50mm f1.4 serial#1161XXX that  sits atop
my case is a holding pattern is pretty near mint with original box,  data
sheet, etc.  So do I press it into service, wait for another high  numbered
f1.4, use a lower numbered f1.4 or just use the 50mm f1.2?   Choices.  While I
make up my mind it sits next to an OM 4T in similar  condition that will be
going to live with someone else before too long.

So Ken, don't feel bad.  This lens needed to be in your capable  hands.
You've seen my work and know that sharpness is not high on my list  of
priorities. Speaking of sharpness, I am getting ready for Worldwide  Pinhole
Photography Day on the 25th. That is probably the case for many other
pinheads.
_http://www.pinholeday.org/_ (http://www.pinholeday.org/)

<{B^)  Bill Barber