[OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser

Subject: [OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:48:35 -0500
A couple of us got together on Saturday morning to do a little lens testing.
We tested the 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 50/3.5, 35-80/2.8, 14-54, 12-60 and 50-200 all
at 50mm. We did sharpness tests at every aperture as well as a quick-n-dirty
bokeh test. We didn't have a DZ 50/2 otherwise we'd have tested that too.

The preliminary results are a bit jaw-dropping. It's one of those tests that
I've been meaning to do for a long time, but we finally got around to it. We
used an E-3 to do the test as my E-1's lower resolution made all the lenses
at all apertures look about the same. Exact same settings and procedures
were used for all lenses.

Anyway, through the week, I'll be working on the full article, but I wanted
to toss up a teaser on the www.zone-10.com website.

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=504&Itemid=1

AG