Re: [OM] Odd marks and 100/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd marks and 100/2
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:17:28 -0500
Thanks all for the suggestions, hints, tips, etc.
Following Bill Pearce's advice, I opened up the back of my OM-1n, took
the lens off the front, set it on bulb and took a look.  I think I
found the offending culprit--a piece of lint (possibly a small dog
hair) had somehow worked its way into a tiny seam just in front of the
shutter curtain (and thus the film plane).  It was close enough to the
film that it would create a shadow but far enough away that it appears
indistinctly.  It was, of course, on the bottom, so would appear at
the "top" of the film.
I think that the reason it only showed up on my slides is because I
had my C41 negs scanned by the lab that did the developing, and they
probably corrected the issue in scanning.
Hopefully removing the lint has solved the problem.

As for the OMZ 100/2, I'm okay with paying the "spousal tax" (ha!).
I've heard so many great things about this lens, and seen so many
amazing photos taken with it (I'm looking at you CH) that I figure
it's worth the hassle of putting some of my other OMZs back into
circulation.