Re: [OM] pro labs, 100/2, 28/2

Subject: Re: [OM] pro labs, 100/2, 28/2
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:08:34 -0500
>Do you seriously believe that your lab would review and correct your C41
negatives for those "hair" problems ?

Yes, I seriously believe they would.  My lab is a one man operation
and he takes a lot of pride in his work.  His prices are a little
higher than your typical Walgreens/CVS/Longs Drugs and he doesn't do
one hour developing, but the quality of his work is outstanding.

|> I haven't use the 100/2 enough to say how it performs in various situations,
> on the field I found it is harder to confirm focus than 90/2 and 180/2.8 but
> when carefully tested, 100/2 has slightly better center resolution than 90/2
> (while 90/2 has much better edge to edge performance). Here is a sample from
> 100/2 at F2.8 (sorry for the shallow DOF):
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_2061.JPG (~3.5MB)
>
> Here what really amazing could be the model :-)
>
> C.H.Ling

Thanks for that example, C.H.--what is really amazing is the
background separation and the bokeh with a notoriously difficult
background.  Very smooth.  And the sharpness nearly wide open.
Amazing!

Kari, you'll love that 28/2.  It's one of my favorites!  Please give
us an update and examples once you've used it more.