Re: [OM] Pen EP1 for $549 with kit lens at Costco (Climbing)

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen EP1 for $549 with kit lens at Costco (Climbing)
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:40:28 -0700 (PDT)
All these cameras are trade offs yeech.
I like the Panny faster focus, but no in body lens stabilisation and cost seems
a fair bit higher.
Aparently the oly firmware upgrade makes the focus speed on the pen at least
competitive.
The 40mm equiv you chose is not wide enough for my climbing preference, which
is 24mm, although a 28mm equiv would be acceptible.
The panny evf option is good, like on the later pens.
I worry under bright conditions that the viewfinder becomes unuseable and that
not holding against forehead when using singlehanded while belaying, will make
for shaky pics. The IS helps a bit, but still.

Tim Hughes