Re: [OM] Bishop Harbor, Palmetto, Florida

Subject: Re: [OM] Bishop Harbor, Palmetto, Florida
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:04:36 -0700
On 4/26/2010 5:01 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Well, it's sort of like the alley in B&W and color.  I like them both. I
> probably favored the darker shot because the light was definitely weakening
> at that time.  But since two folks seem to like it brighter I'll think about
> kicking it up a notch.  And you're right about the sharpening.  I forgot to
> do that.

Pulling up the brightest part to the top of the histogram did bring the
lower tones up too much for the mood I thought you were going for. I
used Curves to bring them back down close to the original. I used
curves, rather than something else, to get just a bit more contrast in
those low tones so a bit more detail would be visible without
brightening it up.

> No, there are eagles in the area but what you see perched on the tree is
> nothing but a large clump of Spanish moss.

Too bad; sure looks like an eagle silhouette to me.

A. Backlit Moose