[OM] Just in case...

Subject: [OM] Just in case...
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:31:47 +0100
Ok.  The Zuikos are gone, but I still have the 35/2 Summicron R.  This is
probably better sold elsewhere but there may be some interest here, so I
will offer it.  This is the second version, 3 cam Mandler designed lens with
the built in shade (very useful...).  Serial number 2902xxx makes it a 1978
example.  If you search around you can find several notable pundits who call
it their favorite lens ever.  I certainly like it very much, but I have
alternatives, and might one day like to try the Zeiss Distagon in EF mount
instead.

This one is optically unmarked and uncontaminated by haze.  There's a little
paint wear on the focus ring, and a little noticeable friction to the
focusing action due to it's recent idle state in my care, but no slop or
play and I think it will work smooth.

It has its original front and rear caps, but no box (although I think I  may
know where it is, and if he still has it will ask him to send it on to you
if you want it).

Yours for £500 with Cameraquest adapter to mount it on EOS cameras included
($179 accessory).

It really does deliver the goods, but I've not been making use of it.

If you're not bothered with it here I'll stick it on Rangefinderforum, but
then it's off to Ffordes to see what they can do with it...

I'm looking at it now, wondering if I'm crazy.  It's going back in the
cupboard before I change my mind.

Tom