Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2010: Copenhagen food culture

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2010: Copenhagen food culture
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:03:13 -0500
A few years ago, I was staying in Zaanstad (Zaandam?), Netherlands and there
was some festival going on. Being able to barely handle my own native
language, I don't think I ever learned what the festival was for, but there
were thousands of people milling about. If I do recall correctly, it was in
September. Oh, and I did tour some tall-ship.

There were many food vendors setup on the streets but this one drew me in
from at least three blocks away. He was grilling (flat-surfaced frying
grill) these hotdogs/sausages and had copious amounts of onions frying up at
the same time. I think he even had 'crout going on the grill too.  To make
things even better, the guy had hamburger AND sausage on the grill and would
move everything around so the dogs were cooked in and around the other
stuff.  This guy had the longest line of people waiting I've ever seen for a
food court item. Must have been 50 people ahead of me. Seeing the line, I
figured whatever the guy was serving must have been good.

It was! My only regret was not ordering two.

One of these days we're going to have a Zuikofest over in Ireland and meet
up an Johnnie Fox's for dinner.

http://www.jfp.ie/index.htm

AG