Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 09:36:22 -0400
I have one of the ebay wired remotes for my Canon 5D.  I don't recall
the seller but the unit is branded "ADIDT".  It's the same as this one
located by specifying "ADIDT" in the search and also searching the text
as well as the listing title.  More listings were also found.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Camera-Remote-Control-MA-A-Canon-EOS-IV-1D-MKII-10D-/250608816974?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item3a5973134e>

I point this one out in particular since you can see from the photo here
that it has a connector on the side for a 2.5mm plug.  I think this
could be used to trigger the camera by plugging in a remote flash
receiver.  Unfortunately, all my radio flash gear uses 3.5mm plugs and I
don't have anything to convert to the smaller size to test it.  The
listing above doesn't even mention it and I don't recall that the
instructions that came with mine (if it had any) mentioned it either.
But it has to have some purpose and I think that has to be it.  I
suppose the plug could have been placed there to trigger a flash or
another camera but, even if that's the case, it should work for an input
as well as an output.

The actual push button switch seems a bit lightweight but functions
perfectly.  The cord is fairly heavy duty and seems well attached and
the camera end connector is also robust looking.  You can buy these
things for less than $10 shipping included.  It would be hard to go
wrong.  I'm assuming, of course, that the same thing is available for
Olympus but haven't searched.

Here's one for the 5D for under $10 that mentions that it has a "synchro
socket" for triggering a second camera.  Same ADIDT brand
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Remote-Control-Cord-Canon-Eos1d-10d-20d-30d-1v-1n-/310214866171?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item483a3f34fb>

Well, I just did the same search but using Olympus instead of Canon and
didn't find anything with ADIDT in the search.

Chuck Norcutt