Re: [OM] qusion re EXTENSION TUBE 65-116mm

Subject: Re: [OM] qusion re EXTENSION TUBE 65-116mm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 15:45:42 -0400
As I look at the bottom photo it appears to me that the release button
may actually be there but just below the surface.  If you look closely
there it looks to me like a serrated edge is just visible.  That would
be the top of the release button.  It also looks like the latch itself
is there and also just below the surface as everything would look if the
button was depressed.  I suspect the latch is there but the spring has
been removed or (better) perhaps just repositioned so that it doesn't
apply any upward pressure.  It's been a long time since I've had an OM
mount apart so I don't know if repositioning the spring that way is
possible.  But I think the worst case is that you'll need a spring which
is probably pretty standard.

Rejoice!  It looks to be in great condition.  But it ought to be for the
(gulp) price.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt