Re: [OM] OT: external viewfinder on my GF-1

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: external viewfinder on my GF-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 16:12:35 -0400
Are you sure you're not just dealing with parallax error?  Sounds like
you were up close and personal with those bluebells and I doubt that any
auxiliary optical finder to fit the hot shoe is going to suit for macro
photography or near macro.  Have you maybe forgotten what it was like to
use a rangefinder up close?  Remember the parallax correction marks for
near focus where "near" was probably defined as about a meter.

A 25mm finder is going to have an easier job of pointing the camera up
close than something designed for a longer focal length.

Chuck Norcutt