[OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 17:01:38 -0400
Thanks Chuck, AG, Carlos for thinking about this.   Carlos hit the nail
on the head. Couldn't be an easier fix but wish the penalty for missing
that hadn't been so high.  Happened once about 5 years ago in Montana
but I had a T-flash in TTL mode and I think you get a heads-up.
I don't remember exactly but perhaps the shutter is kept open to
complete the exposure.  I had made a mental note that this could be a
disaster if happened again but obviously forgot about it.   In manual
mode there is not a clue anthing is askew.  Not sure how the FP mode
works , but  I sure won't ever forget to check the switch position. :-(
I really dread picking up this batch but I was told some of the images
with a potential TOPE shot were interesting.  We'll see.

Mike

Wow!  I don't think I've thought about the X/FP switch since 1976.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt