[OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 20:01:39 -0400
Thanks for commenting.  I doubt I will ever not check again, but an
insurance policy
is never a bad idea.  Doohicky sounds good to me.  This OM2 has been
through thick and thin and not once has malfunctioned--still hasn't,
but  the operator did.  Double drat for not checking, timing could not
have been worse.  Any of the other OM cams I have would have been fine.
Mike

Only the 2N (and 1N) have constant X sync at the hot shoe regardless of
sync switch position, and that is with any flash, not just Ts.  There's
a diode in the flash circuit that allows this, though it does prevent
some studio flashes from firing.

Olympus Service made up a small plastic "doohickey" that snaps in
behind
the sync switch.  It was created for use on UPI ad National Geographic
cameras. It holds the switch at X and prevents accidental turning.  I
have some of those.