Re: [OM] OT: House fire photos / photography for social change

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: House fire photos / photography for social change
From: Paul Cox <tastydoublecapp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:34:29 -0500
Thoughtful comments Ken and others.  I agree that photography can be a
powerful tool for social change.  I just don't like to see people taken
advantage of for the purpose of sensationalistic 'journalism' - I'm thinking
here about what passes too frequently for 'news' in the U.S., and is often
associated not so much with photography, but with someone getting a video
camera stuck in their face and being asked how they feel that their spouse
was just murdered, or some such asinine question.

As you Ken, just my person feelings, and it strikes a bit of a chord with me
as well.  That's the last I'll say, as I'd rather talk about how I can
improve my photography skills and learn from all the experience on the list.

Paul C

Weegee would never have been able to make it in today's news coverage.