[OM] (OM) OT moving house - a 30-years experience

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT moving house - a 30-years experience
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:33:02 +1200
Hi all,

Top link at
http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/

is a compilation of images from a couple of journeys - don't take me to task
if you notice that the images aren't in chronological order - they're not.

I have just returned ( to leave again tomorrow) from a trip using a twin-axle
trailer to move bulky items such as 2.4m bookcases the 500 km to my new
home.  I have also taken shots that I intended to make into a sequence
about Christchurch city, and another about the 500km road I have come to
know so well.

This sequence is a bit of a blend of all three intentions.

A note of explanation; New Zealand is a little country about the same land
area as the UK, but with a population of just a bit more than 4 million souls.
live in the larger of the two main islands, but it's MUCH more mountainous
and the population is significantly more sparse; so if the roads don't match
your experience of more populous places, that is probably a consequence of
having less money for road-making.

Anyway, enjoy the trip. All done this time with the E-3 and DZ 14-54. Tripod
was used for some city shots but not much else.  And yes, I did take a few
from within the moving car ....  naughty me - navigating through the
viewfinder.  Actually it's not all that pleasant to do so I dropped the idea
after
a while.

Brian Swale.