Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 14: sunshine, mountains, meat

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 14: sunshine, mountains, meat
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 14:03:41 +0200
Hi Nathan, Paul and all,

From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>When I was stationed in Spain, back in the mid '60s, I would see the
>occasional Citroen DS21 litterally flying low.

Ooooooooohhhhhh! La Déesse! I'd LOVE to get one...

> I never actually
>saw their speed, but it had to have been in excess of 130 miles per hour.

Theoretically, top speed for the non-injected DS21 was 178 km/h, or almost
111 mph. The fastest model in the range, the DS23IE ('72) was quoted at 188
km/h (117 mph) but some tests went a bit over 120mph. DS21IE ('69) performed
the same.

Anyway, there's much more to this car than speed ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)