Re: [OM] New glasses

Subject: Re: [OM] New glasses
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:29:35 -0500
Right you are, Charlie, and this was highlighted for me in Japan where
my wife was able to get a new pair of glasses with prescription
polycarbonate lenses for about $60 USD.
Here she is getting fitted with my old college roommate looking on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooroldpunch/4519554546/in/set-72157623496120867/
(OM-2n w/ OMZ 35/2)

The whole operation was slick; they had a variety of frames sitting
out for customers to look at and try on.  Once my wife decided on
frames, the technician measured her eyesight using a super fancy
machine, and took the numbers and matched them to premade lenses,
which were then finished and installed in the frames.  It took less
than an hour, and the results were great.

I wish they had an operation like that in the States!