Re: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 21:41:53 -0400
Did you not notice that it was Dr. Flash who asked the question in the
first place 'cause he doesn't know nothin 'bout flash bulbs... even blue
ones.  But I think we ought to rush right on over to Cress Photo at
<http://www.flashbulbs.com/BlueBulbs.htm> where we might be able to get
some personal flash bulb instruction from Cicille and Angel.

But I suspect they'll tell us that those long burn bulbs are likely to
be seen by the meter as ambient light.  I also suspect that FP mode
flash units might be very confusing to the meter since they're really a
rapid series of very fast pulses and not continuous burn.  I'm assuming
that a flash meter tells the difference between ambient and flash
principally by flash duration.  But I don't know I tell ya.  Ordinarily
I'd go ask Dr. Flash but, oh no, I am...

Dr. Flash