Re: [OM] Fomapan 100 (not bad...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Fomapan 100 (not bad...)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:31:16 +0200
On 09 May 2010, at 10:05 PM, Paul Cox wrote:

> Dawid,
>
> Thanks for the post.  I really like the feather on the water, and
> agree
> about the great mid-tone separation.  The base of the feather looks
> a bit
> soft to me, but maybe that was what you were going for.  You don't
> mention
> what shutter speed you used, but I can imagine it was on the slower
> slide
> due to the morning light and iso 64.  Fantastic results for hand
> held in my
> book, and a very nice shot by all accounts.

Hi Paul,

The softness at the base of the feather is purely because of the
minute depth of field
shooting at 250mm at f/2, shutter speed was 1/500s, and the top of the
feather is very
sharp indeed (can see individual filaments in the print).

I wanted to produce a slightly surrealistic image, both blurring and
over-exposing
the base of the feather, which I felt highlights the gentle concentric
cirle(s) around
there the feather touches the water.

regards,
Dawid